3 Tbsp olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3 carrots, finely chopped
3 celery sticks, finely chopped
400g dried lentils (red or green)
2x400g cans chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
250ml red wine
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried thyme
3 bay leaves
1L vegetable stock
1. Heat the oil over a large, deep saucepan. Add the onions, garlic, carrots and celery and cook over medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes until carrots are soft.
2. Add the lentils, tomatoes, tomato puree, red wine, oregano, thyme, bay leaves and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 40-45 minutes.
3. Add water or more red wine if the mixture starts to thicken too much.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cook the spaghetti following the instructions on the packet. Drain well.
6. Serve Lentil Bolognese atop a big bowl of the pasta. Add grated vegan parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Replace vegan parmesan with ‘nutty parmesan’: processed nuts, nutritional yeast and seasoning. Yum!
Freeze for up to 3 months.
Comments will be approved before showing up.