The Discovery Case
A wonderful collection of esoteric wines for you to explore lesser known varietals, wine styles and regions. £110 for 6 bottles.
• Domaine Ciringa Sauvignon Blanc 2017, Starjeska, Slovenia
Aromas of peach and citrus. Lovely acidity and structure, with a lingering, refreshing finish. This classy, vegan Sauvignon Blanc is drinking beautifully. Ciringa is on the Austrian border and an extension of one of Austria's top wine estates.
• Pares Balta Calcari 2016, Penedes, Spain
Organic, vegan friendly expression of Xarel-lo, an indigenous grape that is better known in the production of Cava. Developed aromas of pear, banana and caremlised fruits. Time on lees give this a lovely creamy texture in the mouth that balances well with the freshness of the fruit - think pear tarte tatin with creme anglaise.
• Remy Gresser Pinot Gris, Brandhof 2016, Alsace, France
Organic, Biodynamic & Vegan. A rich, complex Pinot Gris from the Brandhof "lieu-dit'. with aromas of dried fruit and honey. The palate has great richness balanced by a beautiful minerality and a long lasting finish. Fabulous.
• Anton Bauer Zweigelt 2017, Wagram, Austria
Zweigelt is a hybrid Austria grape variety with a history going back to the early 20th century. It creates delicious red fruited, slightly spicy, earthy wines with fine tannins. If you are a Beaujolais or Pinot Noir drinker then this Anton Bauer Zweigelt is for you.
• Kracher & Wild Reunion Blaufrankisch 2017. Burgenland, Austria
Blaufrankisch is one of the key red grapes grown throughout central Europe, particularly Austria and Hungary. This wine is a collaboration between two of Austria's leading winemaking families. Aromas of dark fruits, ripe sour cherries, blackberries, herbs and tobacco. Delicious! Recommended in Hugh Johnson's Procket Book 2021.
• Bolyki Egri Bikaver "Bulls Blood" 2016. Eger, HungarySWA Gold Medal winning expression of the famous Hungarian Bulls Blood. Elegant with red cherry aromas, and soft tannins. A red blend including Kekfrankos, Zweigelt, Portugieser, Cabernet Franc & Merlot.