The Mixed Reds Case
A mixed case of 6 high quality, food friendly red wines, highlighting a range of great grape varieties. £95 for 6 bottles or 12 for £170 ( 2 of each ).
• Alves de Sousa Caldas 2016, Douro, Portugal
Ruby colour. Very fragrant nose with aromas of wild blackberry, violet, black chocolate and a hint of pepper. Smooth on the palate with lots of fruit and refined structure.
• Domaine Yves Cuilleron Les Vignes d'á Côte Syrah IGP 2019, Rhône, France
Aromas of crushed blackcurrant, black pepper, and leather. The palate is big, with aromas of fresh raspberries, cherries, and dark blackberry with hints of cracked pepper. Good acidity and a long finish.
• Villa Mattielli Valpolicella Ripasso 'San Giacomo' DOC 2017, Veneto, Italy
The nose on this deep garnet wine opens with hints of cherries and red fruit, with mineral and lightly spicy scents. Complex, with soft tannins.
• Casa Mariol Garnaxta Negra 2020, Terra Alta, Spain
Deep garnet colour. Bouquet of ripe red fruit. Medium bodied with intense aromas and a clean finish.
• Château Les Bertrands Premières Côtes-de-Blaye Rouge Cuvée Tradition 2017, Bordeaux, France
Aromas of red fruits, especially cassis, raspberry and cherry, on the nose. Supple attack with elegant tannins. Round, rich and powerful palate. Long, pleasant finish.
• Pannunzio GV Cabernet Sauvignon 2017, Mendoza, ArgentinaIntense, ruby colour. Aromas of blackberries, black currant, spices (especially clove), accompanied a distinctive notes of vanilla and chocolate. Round and balanced on the palate with an agreeable finish.
Nice selection on the case. All wines are very good, a mixture of origins and flavours that shows the beauty of the reds.